Visit Bath Guide
Enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath. The UK’s finest spa destination, offers the best in well-being and spa treatments for a relaxed break, indulgent and varied gastro delights and drink offerings for foodies and a vast array of experiences and activities on offer to enjoy.
Culture vultures can be assured of history galore, from Roman to Victorian - Bath has it all. For a breath of fresh air, a relaxing stroll or picnic there are numerous stunning vistas to enjoy and atmospheres to relax in at manicured parks and gardens. Details are included within this guide to help you decide.
With an abundance of experiences, themed-tours and activities, plus outdoor pursuits included, there will be so much choice, it will be hard to decide which one to choose.
Bath is surrounded by beautiful countryside and abundance of days out in around quaint market towns and the cultural city of Bristol is included with what to do in a day to make the most of a flying visit. Plus choose from a selection of country homes and gardens and other attractions nearby for optional days out too.
WORLD HERITAGE CITY: TOURS AND MAPS
WORLD-CLASS SPA & WELL-BEING
HISTORY & CULTURE ATTRACTIONS
EXPERIENCES & ACTIVITIES
PARKS & GARDENS
IN THE AREA DAYS OUT
BATH AND NEARBY 'ON SCREEN'
About Self-drive tour
- Over 30 pages of useful information on one place
- Options for 3-10 days touring
- Up-to-date embedded links, and maps
- 80+ Attractions and days out
- Thermae Spa plus 12 spa and treatment options
- 45+ Food and drink (in variety of categories)
- Experiences, activities and outdoor options
- 20+ Around the area options (days out/attractions)
- Things to do and Hidden Gems
- 20+ walks, tours and audio options
- 50+ Selected campsites & 55+ Secret Stays
- Save hours searching and checking
- Easy to download format - print or save on mobile
- Useful suggestions for your chosen timeframe
WORLD-CLASS SPA & WELL BEING
Bath offers the ultimate 21st century spa. Experience the healing waters for yourself. Plus, choose from many well-being treatments offered at several places in Bath.
HISTORY & CULTURE
Bath is a culture vulture's paradise with around 20 museums in Bath and the surrounding area. Plus, visit the world-famous Roman Baths.
EXPERIENCES AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
Choose from an abundance of experiences, activities, themed tours. For the active, outdoor pursuits and even spectator sports are included.
We'll share with you, top places to indulge. Options include afternoon tea, chic places, and classic pubs, plus food tours and cooking classes too.
PARKS & GARDENS
Enjoy a view with a stroll or a picnic in one of several gorgeous parks and gardens in the vicinity. We'll share top-tips on the many to choose from.
NEARBY DAYS OUT
From nearby towns, striking countryside, cultural cities, and attractions, options are included to enjoy the surrounding area.