Terms and Conditions
‘Vehicle Owner’ means the owner of campervans or motorhomes who will hire the vehicle to You, in accordance with their terms.
‘Service’ means the introductory service of a Hirer in respect of private camper van or motorhome hire provided by Us to You.
‘Tour Materials’ means the generic guide or itinerary provided by Us to You.
‘We’ or ‘Us’ means Wanderlust Camper Co Limited, a company incorporated in England under number 10788492, whose registered office is at 2 Dowles Cottages, Dymock, GL18 2AF.
‘Website’ means www.wanderlustcamperhire.com, www.wanderlustcampertours.com and www.wanderlustcamperco.com
‘You’ means a user of the Website.
1. Application of conditions of use
By accessing or using any part of the Website, You agree to be bound by the following conditions of use. If You do not wish to be bound by these conditions, You may not access or use the Website. By using our Website, You are deemed to have accepted these terms.
2. Copyright, trademarks and database rights
We own all intellectual property rights in and to the Website (including the database, design, text, graphics and layout), the names and unregistered trade marks “Wanderlust”, "Wanderlust Camper Co” “Wanderlust Camper Hire” and “Secret Stays” and the registered trade marks “Wanderlust Camper” and “Wanderlust Campers” ("the Marks") and You agree not to use or copy the same or any part thereof without our consent. In particular, You acknowledge that we own all rights, including trademarks, servicemarks and allied rights in and to the Marks.
(a) Although we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the Vehicle Owners introduced to You pursuant to the Services or shown on the Website are legitimate, reputable and have appropriate licenses and/or approval of trade related bodies organisations and associations, and that the information on this Website is accurate, we rely on the Vehicle Owners to provide us with all necessary information about them and their services. Accordingly, we cannot be held responsible for any errors or inaccuracies in such information or for the suitability or quality of any campervan or motorhome supplied by a Vehicle Owner to You.
(b) The appearance of a listing in the Website, or an introduction made by us does not necessarily imply our approval of the Vehicle Owner, and You must make adequate enquiries yourself to ensure that You are happy with the Vehicle Owner and the services they are to provide to You.
(c) You are entering into a contract with the Vehicle Owner directly for the hire of the motor home or campervan to You. Our agreement with You is limited to provide the Service only. As such, we are simply an introducer. You must make sure that the Vehicle Owner with whom You contract, and their services, are suitable for Your needs.
(d) We shall provide You with a copy of the Vehicle Owner’s terms of business and contract of hire as soon as reasonably practicable following Your booking. You will ensure that You read those carefully and adhere to the terms. For the sake of clarity, there are certain items that will be contained in those terms, which we set out now. If You will not be able to comply with any of these terms, You may not conclude Your booking via the Website:
(i) You, and anyone who will drive the campervan must have a valid drivers’ licence from the United Kingdom, the USA, New Zealand, Canada or South Africa. If your driver’s licence is from any other country, the Vehicle Owner will refer the matter to its insurer, and you will be provided with further information from them directly. You will be required to present the drivers licence to the Vehicle Owner.
(ii) You and anyone else with a UK License intending to drive the campervan or motor home will provide the Vehicle Owner with a DVLA check code to enable the Vehicle Owner to check the status of Your driver’s licence, as well as the status of any person who intends to drive the campervan.
(iii) You must provide Your proof of address to the Vehicle Owner and allow them to take a copy. Such proof needs to take the form of one utility bill (such as a utility / council tax / broadband or telephone) and one financial item (such as a bank statement or a credit card statement) in the name of the driver. The date of the proof of address must be no more than three months from the date of Your period of hire.
(iv) insurance shall be dealt with directly by the Vehicle Owner but there are certain criteria attaching to their insurance which You will need to meet. That criteria will be notified to You by email and You must check the criteria thoroughly. If You do not meet any of the criteria, You must inform us as soon as possible by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
v) There will be an insurance excess from the driver insurance provided and this can vary depending upon age upon the insurer. It is expected to be between £1,000 and £2,000, which will be confirmed on booking. You will be liable for the insurance excess where the campervan or motorhome is damaged and / or in the event of a claim being made under the insurance policy
(vi) the Vehicle Owner shall provide You with breakdown cover.
(vii) pets are not permitted into the campervan, unless You have express written consent from the Vehicle Owner and an additional fee may apply. If You do allow pets into the campervan, the Vehicle Owner may render an additional charge in respect of damage caused to the campervan or for any enhanced cleaning needed.
(d) We accept no liability for any transactions which take place between You and the Vehicle Owner or any parties listed on the Website.
(e) If a dispute arises between You and the Vehicle Owner, You must arrange to settle that with the Vehicle Owner directly.
4. Tour materials
- We own all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright in the Tour Materials.
- The Tour Materials are not bespoke to You, but are generic in theme and content. You must therefore ensure that they meet Your needs and requirements before You purchase them, as We accept no liability, and will provide no refunds once a purchase has been made.
- The Tour Materials shall be provided to You by way of pdf attachment sent by Us to Your email. You are responsible for ensuring that You provide us with Your correct email address and have the means of opening a pdf attachment.
- The Tour Materials are licensed to You to use. The licence fee is payable via the website. The licence is non-transferable and non-exclusive. You may not reproduce, copy, repackage, licence or resell the Tour Materials. They are for Your exclusive use only.
- The pdf is time limited to expire within 6 months of purchase which ensures the accuracy of the data provided and the licence granted hereunder is expressly for this duration. If you require an extension, please write to email@example.com with proof of your tour dates.
(a) We invite feedback and reviews from customers who use the Vehicle Owners pursuant to our Services.
(b) If You provide a review or feedback, You undertake to ensure that any such reviews and comments submitted or posted by You to the Website shall be made respectfully, responsibly and genuinely.
(c) You warrant that any feedback or reviews submitted by You are:-
(i) a true and genuine reflection of Your reasonable opinion;
(ii) not defamatory in any respect;
(iii) lawfully made;
(iv) submitted on the basis that they are for publication and You hereby grant us an irrevocable licence to publish and reproduce on the Website any written material submitted by You.
(d) You hereby undertake to indemnify us against all and any claims, expenses, demands and losses brought against us or suffered by us arising out of any written material submitted by You to us.
6. Payment & Fees
- Payments made via the Website. Whilst the contract for the hire of the campervan or motorhome is made between You and the Vehicle Owner, we shall collect all of the monies due under that contract, as well as that in respect of our Services, and administer the payment to the Vehicle on Your behalf.
- If Your period of hire is due to commence at any point within six weeks of the date of booking on our Website, You will be required to pay the entire booking cost, and not merely the 30% deposit.
- Payment for the Tour Materials shall be made in full on the Website.
- Payment for our Services shall form part of the overall booking fee paid by You. As part of the administration of Your payment, we shall retain the amount due to us. Once You have made the payment for Your booking via the Website, You shall not be required to make any further payments to us or to the Vehicle Owner in respect of Your booking, but You may be required to pay additional sums if You extend or amend Your booking, or in respect of any optional extras You choose to add, or additional charges that arise under Your contract with the Vehicle Owner, for instance if You cause damage to the campervan or motorhome.
- All payments shall be inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Whilst You should ensure that any complaints or issues are dealt with directly between You and the Vehicle Owner, You should let us know of any complaints via our service centre at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall use our reasonable endeavours to assist You.
- To avoid doubt, any payments to us to do create or imply a contract between us over and above that which is set out in these terms for the Service.
(a) We warrant that we will use all reasonable skill and care in providing the Services to You.
(b) Because of the nature of the Internet, errors and omissions do occur and we do not give any other warranties in respect of the Website.
(c) We make no warranty that the Website will be available to use at all or without interruption. We may take down the Website at any time for any reason, and may change the contents of the Website without having to notify You of those changes.
(d) You warrant to us that You will at all times comply with the Vehicle Owner’s terms and conditions in respect of their hire to You of the campervan or motorhome.
8. Cancellation and refunds
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY
- You may cancel Your booking at any time but please be aware that certain elements of payments You have made will not be refundable.
- When You make Your booking via the Website, You authorise us to begin work on the Services immediately.
- Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- If You cancel Your booking and give us more than six weeks’ notice, you will not be refunded the 30% payment initially made by You on the Website. This is because that 30% relates to work we have already concluded in respect of Your booking. We will not take any further payment from the card details we have stored from You.
- If you cancel your booking by giving us fewer than six weeks’ notice, you shall not be entitled to any refund whatsoever.
- If You purchase any Tour Materials from the Website, You may cancel the order any time, however You will not be entitled to a refund of the price paid for the Tour Materials save where set out in in 8(e). This is because the Tour Materials will be sent to You by email immediately after You have made Your payment via the Website and, accordingly, You will receive the benefit of Your order straight away. By placing Your order for the Tour Materials via the Website, You are instructing us to provide them to You straight away and, accordingly, Your right to cancel will not apply.
- If You would like the retain the right to cancel Your order after purchasing the Tour Materials, please email us at email@example.com. We will then accept Your order and payment, but not send You the Tour Materials until the fifteenth day after Your order has been processed. You may then cancel for a full refund during this cooling off period.
9. Limitation of Liability
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to remedy faults in the Website.
- We will have no liability to You for any losses, damages or expenses arising from Your use or inability to use or access the Website or from any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using the Website.
- The maximum aggregate liability we will have to You for any losses or damage You suffer as a consequence of our failure to perform the Services shall be the lesser of
- an amount equivalent to 10% of the total booking fee payable for the hire of the campervan or motorhome; or
- Notwithstanding the above provisions of this clause 9, our liability will not be limited in the case of our fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, nor for any other matter which it would be unlawful for us to seek to limit our liability for.
If any provision in these terms and conditions are deemed or found by any competent court or authority to be invalid or not binding, we agree that such provision shall be severable from the rest of these terms and conditions which shall remain fully in force.
Any links to other web sites and resources on this Website are to websites provided by independent third parties provide these sites and we are not responsible and shall not be liable for the availability or content of these outside resources.
(b) These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law.
(c) We may update these terms and conditions at any time and without providing notice to You. Please ensure that You check this page often to ensure You are aware of the current terms and conditions.